Dr. Christopher Mudd is a fellowship-trained hip and knee surgeon with extensive training and experience in...
Christopher D. Mudd, M.D.
Hip & Knee Joint Replacement Specialist, Joint Revision, Orthopedic Trauma, Work Injuries
Dr. Christopher Mudd is a native of Saint Louis with strong roots in the local community. He began his education at Saint Louis University High School. He earned his undergraduate and medical degrees from Saint Louis University.
Dr. Mudd is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) and is a fellow member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS). He has fellowship training in Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction from the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, and he specializes in pain, arthritis, deformities, and injuries of the adult hip and knee. His practice consists primarily of surgical and nonsurgical management of knee and hip problems.
Dr. Mudd has extensive training and experience in minimally invasive joint replacements of the hip and knee, and he performs the muscle-sparing direct anterior hip replacement technique. Additionally, Dr. Mudd specializes in the active patient, using modern technology and minimally invasive techniques, including performing partial knee replacements, and he is certified on the Mako® robotically assisted partial knee procedure.
In addition to joint replacements, Dr. Mudd has a very busy revision joint practice. He enjoys treating complex reconstruction, deformity correction, and “re-dos” of total joints that have failed for any number of reasons, including wear, loosening, misalignment, infection, and fractures around joint replacements.
During his residency at Saint Louis University, Dr. Mudd received extensive fracture surgery training, and he performs fracture surgery due to traumatic injuries on all parts of the skeletal system.
Dr. Mudd treats problems in these areas:
- Hip & Knee Replacement (minimally invasive, partial knee arthroplasty)
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Revision Joint Surgery and Reconstruction
- Fracture Surgery
- Work-Related Injuries
Dr. Mudd sees patients at our main Orthopedic Associates location in St. Louis and at our satellite location at the Eleven South Professional Building in Columbia, Illinois.
Additionally, Dr. Mudd is an experienced workers’ compensation provider with specialty training in work-related conditions. He sees workers’ compensation patients from both Missouri and Illinois. For more information about our workers’ compensation services, please use the button below.
- Dr. Christopher Mudd Answers Commonly Asked Joint Replacement Surgery Questions: How Do I Make My Joint Last Longer?
In this installment of commonly asked joint replacement surgery questions, fellowship-trained joint replacement surgeon Christopher D. Mudd, M.D., discusses how you can make your joint last longer after joint replacement surgery.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- Doctor of Medicine: Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction Surgery Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- St. Louis Orthopaedic Society
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Monroe County Surgical Center
- SSM Health St. Clare Hospital
- St. Luke’s Des Peres Hospital
- 2022 Missouri Baptist Medical Center’s ‘Clinician Recognition Award for Excellence in Medical Care’