Neck doctors are medical specialists who have undergone extensive education and training to recognize and diagnose a wide range of injuries and conditions that affect the neck. These specialists are highly skilled in providing care for the neck and offer a multitude of surgical and nonsurgical treatment options, from epidural injections to minimally invasive neck surgeries.
At Orthopedic Associates in St. Louis, our neck specialist is a recognized spine expert with advanced fellowship training in orthopedic spine surgery. Our neck doctor, Dr. Christopher O'Boynick, has extensive experience in treating neck conditions and injuries, including work-related issues of the spine, as well as in-depth knowledge in orthopedic neck care and surgical treatments, including spinal fusions, minimally invasive neck surgeries, and decompression surgery. No matter what the cause of your neck pain is, you'll have superior access to exceptional neck care at Orthopedic Associates.
Signs of a Neck Injury or Condition
Your specific type of neck pain or symptoms offer insights into your neck problem. If you are experiencing any of the following, you may need to consult with a doctor or surgeon who specializes in the spine:
- Chronic neck pain
- Muscle spasms or weakness in your neck
- Neck pain that disrupts your sleep
- Neck pain when moving or turning your head
- Numbness or tingling that radiates down from your neck to your arms and hands
- Pain that radiates from your neck to your head
- Pins-and-needles sensations
If you have any of the symptoms above, your neck doctor may diagnose you with one of these neck injuries or conditions:
- Bulging, ruptured, or herniated disc
- Compressed or damaged nerves
- Degenerative disc disease
- Neck sprain or strain
- Pinched nerve
- Spinal deformity
- Spinal stenosis
Superior Access to Exceptional Neck Care
At Orthopedic Associates, our team of board-certified specialists and staff strive for excellence in orthopedic medicine and podiatry, offering exceptional knowledge and skill in every patient encounter. When diagnosing injuries and conditions, our doctors and surgeons consider all factors and options before offering a care recommendation, and they are committed to attempting nonsurgical treatment options first before recommending surgery. Our fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon, Dr. Christopher O'Boynick, will work with you to develop a custom treatment plan that specifically meets your individual needs and concerns.
However, for advanced conditions or serious injuries, neck surgery may be the best treatment choice. If this is true for you, you can move forward in confidence knowing our dedicated neck doctor is board-certified, has additional fellowship training in spine surgery, and will perform your surgery with care, skill, and precision. Our surgeon's areas of expertise include:
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Cervical disc replacement
- Cervical laminoplasty
- Microscopic cervical decompression
- Minimally invasive cervical laminoforaminotomy
- Motion-sparring cervical spine decompression surgery
- Outpatient neck surgery
- Revision surgery
All along the way—from diagnosis to treatment and surgery as well as postoperative recovery—we are here for you. Our additional services, including digital X-ray, MRI, durable medical equipment (DME), physical therapy, and our state-of-the-art surgery center, are all conveniently accessible to you.
We also have the following locations available to you in St. Louis as well as throughout Missouri and Illinois:
- Main Office – Old Des Peres Road, St. Louis, Missouri
- Parkland Health Center – Bonne Terre, Missouri
- Madison Medical Center, Outpatient Clinic – Fredericktown, Missouri
- Sunset Hills Healthcare – St. Louis, Missouri
- Southwest Medical Center – St. Louis, Missouri
- Eleven South Professional Building – Columbia, Illinois
To schedule an appointment with our neck specialist, please call (314) 569-0616 or use the button below.