Dr. Ryan Pitts is a fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine expert with extensive...
Ryan T. Pitts, M.D.
Dr. Ryan Pitts serves as the president at Orthopedic Associates. He is board-certified in orthopedic surgery and is one of the few surgeons in St. Louis subspecialty board certified in Sports Medicine through the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is fellowship trained in Sports Medicine from the Washington University School of Medicine. Dr. Pitts specializes in Sports Medicine, arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, knee, and hip, total joint replacements including outpatient joint replacements, and treatment of work-related injuries.
Dr. Pitts graduated from medical school at St. Louis University School of Medicine and completed his residency at the prestigious Mayo Clinic. He completed his fellowship training at Washington University School of Medicine.
Dr. Pitts specializes in these areas:
- Sports Medicine
- Shoulder, Hip, Knee Arthroscopy
- Outpatient Joint Replacement
- Work-Related Injuries
Dr. Pitts sees patients at our main Orthopedic Associates location in St. Louis and at our satellite location at the Eleven South Professional Building in Columbia, Illinois.
Additionally, Dr. Pitts is an experienced workers’ compensation provider with specialty training in work-related conditions. He sees workers’ compensation patients from both Missouri and Illinois. Dr. Pitts is also certified by the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners to provide independent medical and disability examinations. For more information about our workers’ compensation services, please use the button below.
Committed to making his patients’ experience as comfortable as possible, Dr. Ryan Pitts offers an alternative way to decrease your pain after knee surgery. By freezing the skin nerves that supply sensation to the knee, iovera° significantly decreases pain around the time of surgery and speeds up recovery. Orthopedic Associates is the only practice providing this method in the St. Louis area.
Orthopedic Surgeon Ryan T. Pitts, M.D. discusses shoulder injuries in worker's compensation patients and the current treatments available.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate Degree in Pre-Med Biology: University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Doctor of Medicine: Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Fellowship: Washington University Physicians, St. Louis, MO
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certified Independent Medical Examiner
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Missouri State Orthopaedic Association
- St. Louis Orthopaedic Society
- Des Peres Square Surgery Center
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- SSM Health St. Clare Hospital
- St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital