James S. Burke, Jr., M.D.
Dr. James Burke, Jr. is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon practicing general orthopedic surgery with special interests in sports medicine, joint reconstruction, and work-related injuries.
Dr. Burke graduated from medical school at the University of Missouri at Kansas City and completed his internship at Loyola University in Chicago and his residency at Saint Louis University Hospital. He joined Orthopedic Associates in 1995 right out of residency.
Dr. Burke is on the medical staffs of Des Peres Square Surgery Center, Missouri Baptist Medical Center, and St. Luke’s Hospital. He also travels to Fredericktown, Missouri, to treat patients and is on the medical staff at Madison Medical Center.
Dr. Burke is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the St. Louis Orthopaedic Society. He is a soccer coach and officiates soccer at the high school level with prior college and professional officiating experience. Dr. Burke is also a former team physician for the St. Louis University Billikens.
Dr. Burke sees patients at our main Orthopedic Associates location in St. Louis and at our satellite location at our Madison Medical Center, Outpatient Clinic in Fredericktown, Missouri.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry: University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO
- General Surgery Internship: Loyola University, Chicago, IL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Saint Louis University Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- St. Louis Orthopaedic Society
- Des Peres Square Surgery Center
- Madison Memorial Hospital – Fredericktown
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center