Because the spine is a highly complex structure, spine doctors must have a deep understanding of how it functions as well as how to properly treat it. These specialists have undergone extensive training and education to be able to accurately evaluate and treat a multitude of spine conditions and injuries, from spinal deformities to disc herniations. They also specialize in providing traditional treatment methods as well as state-of-the-art surgeries.
At Orthopedic Associates in St. Louis, our spine doctor, Dr. Christopher O'Boynick, has undergone fellowship training in orthopedic spine surgery. His highly focused training and knowledge allow him to expertly assess, diagnose, and treat common and complex spine conditions and injuries as well as perform advanced procedures, including minimally invasive surgery, spinal fusions, and outpatient spinal surgery. Whether your spine pain is the result of a herniated disc, scoliosis, or a work-related injury, our spine specialist has the comprehensive knowledge and extensive training required to get you back to an active, healthy lifestyle.
Signs of a Spine Injury or Condition
Your specific type of neck or back pain as well as the symptoms you are experiencing offer insights into your spine problem. If you are experiencing any of the following, you may need to consult with a doctor or surgeon who specializes in the spine:
- Back pain as well as stiffness
- Back pain that increases when you move
- Chronic pain, including neck pain or lower back pain
- Muscle spasms or weakness in your neck or back
- Pins-and-needles sensations
- Problems sleeping due to back pain
- Sharp neck pain
If you have any of the symptoms above, your spine doctor may diagnose you with one of these spine-related injuries or conditions:
- Bulging, ruptured, or herniated disc
- Compressed or damaged nerves
- Degenerative disc disease
- Pinched nerve
- Spinal deformity
- Spinal stenosis
Superior Access to Exceptional Spine Care
At Orthopedic Associates, our team of board-certified specialists and staff strive for excellence in orthopedic medicine and podiatry, offering exceptional knowledge and skill in every patient encounter. When diagnosing injuries and conditions, our doctors and surgeons consider all factors and options before offering a care recommendation, and they are committed to attempting nonsurgical treatment options first before recommending surgery. Our fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon, Dr. Christopher O'Boynick, will work with you to develop a custom treatment plan that specifically meets your individual needs and concerns.
However, for advanced conditions or serious injuries, spine surgery may be the best treatment choice. If this is true for you, you can move forward in confidence knowing our dedicated spine surgeon is board-certified, has additional fellowship training in spine surgery, and will perform your surgery with care, skill, and precision. Our spine surgeon's areas of expertise include:
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Cervical and lumbar disc replacement
- Cervical laminoplasty
- Lumbar decompression
- Microscopic cervical decompression
- Minimally invasive lumbar microdiscectomy
- Motion-sparing spine surgery
- Outpatient spine surgery
- Spinal fusions
All along the way—from diagnosis to treatment and surgery as well as postoperative recovery—we are here for you. Our additional services, including digital X-ray, MRI, durable medical equipment (DME), physical therapy, and our surgery center, are all conveniently accessible to you.
We also have the following locations available to you in St. Louis as well as throughout Missouri and Illinois:
- Main Office – Old Des Peres Road, St. Louis, Missouri
- Parkland Health Center – Bonne Terre, Missouri
- Madison Medical Center, Outpatient Clinic – Fredericktown, Missouri
- Sunset Hills Healthcare – St. Louis, Missouri
- Southwest Medical Center – St. Louis, Missouri
- Eleven South Professional Building – Columbia, Illinois
- Red Bud Regional Hospital – Red Bud, Illinois
To schedule an appointment with our spine surgeon, please call (314) 569-0616 or use the button below.