Same-Day Joint Replacement
Your joints can take on a lot of damage throughout your life, leading to degenerative conditions, like osteoarthritis. Joint replacement is often the recommended solution for the pain and limited mobility associated with these conditions.
Traditionally, joint replacement surgery has been a hospital procedure that requires 2-3 nights stay. Fortunately, more modern joint replacement techniques mean that your joint replacement can usually be done outside of the hospital setting.
Some of the benefits of this more modern approach to joint replacement surgery include:
- A comfortable environment at the state-of-the-art Des Peres Square Surgery Center.
- Care from a specialty-trained joint replacement surgeon.
- Dedicated nurse navigator providing each patient with support throughout the entire joint replacement journey.
- Modern opioid-sparing anesthesia techniques and minimally invasive surgical approaches.
- Lower cost compared to traditional joint replacement surgery.
- Reduced risk of infection/COVID-19 exposure due to avoiding the hospital environment.
- The ability to go home the same day surgery is performed.
- The convenience of a one-stop shop for all orthopedic needs: pre-op and post-op care, surgery, lab tests, prescriptions and physical therapy.
You and your doctor may consider several other factors when determining whether a joint replacement procedure is the right choice for you. Your age, overall health, and bone density all contribute to whether you’re ready to undergo a joint replacement procedure. Additionally, these and other health factors also play a role in determining if a same-day procedure is right for you.